• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

where can I find a reasonably priced front door tank?

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Currently I have a 40 gal regular reptile tank with a lid on top...however ppl have been suggesting a tank with doors in the front...Ive been searching the web and cant seem to find a 40 gal with an open front door for less than $330! I dont see why they are so much more! mine was $119...all thats different is the front doors open rather than using a screen on top (I have a screen top), really shouldnt be more than $220 for the front doors, outrages lol. Does anyone have an idea of where I can get a decenlty priced cage with front doors?

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
not sure what you have for second hand shops and such, but I often see them in those, also quite often on kijiji.
i would do a really good cleaning, sterilizing, but definately worth a little work for half the retail price!!

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
around here, it seems hardware stores are alot like petstores---the staff don't have a clue!
I am lucky to have a lil bro working at a lumber/hardware store. i tell him what i want to make and he brings me the best stuff for that project!
best bonus is that then i get his staff discount too!

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
yer like jelly.. I understand that in the states jelly is what we call jam. Jelly here is made with hot water and gelatine
Jam is made with like strawberries, raspberries etc and spread on bread/toast/scones

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What confuses me is y this thread was taken over with pointless talk. Start a conversation amongst yourselves, u won't b able 2 "like" what the other person says but it shows some respect to the person that posted the thread & their inquiry.

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
What confuses me is y this thread was taken over with pointless talk. Start a conversation amongst yourselves, u won't b able 2 "like" what the other person says but it shows some respect to the person that posted the thread & their inquiry.

Well, then I guess you will have to be ticked at us for also talking about the word differences of a "pumpkin" vs. "squash". Sorry for not always understanding foreign words or "slang".

I honestly have no problem with lizard and dragon talking about the differences. And honestly, I don't see where Jaime (the OP) has even come back to see what was said.

To ME, that's a "waste of time and space" to ask a question, only to either not check it, or even acknowledge those that were kind enough to take time and answer the question that was set forth.

Also Jeff, not that I am really trying to sound crass or rude, but your statement (in reply, above) comes off snarky, and a bit rude as well. Plus, I feel that if you had that much of a problem with this conversation going in that direction, then you should have PRIVATE MESSAGED the two "offenders" and asked them to remove their comments that did not pertain to the original post.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i apologise. Sorry for getting off the beaten track. From now on l will try and make a real effort to stay on track. Again i apologise for offending anyone

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
No-one should be needing to apologise for anything, a question was asked and answered in the post, there was also a solution to stop all the 'translation' questions being asked in posts but that now seems to have disapeared. We have to remember that we are from all over the world here, not limited to the UK/USA/Australia/Canada. I have seen posts from someone in South Africa too and where we may call something one word, you all may have another word for it. Rather than let it go not understanding what the other person was talking about it is always best to ask. As i have seen posted many times the only silly question is the unasked question, so if it went off track a bit from the original post so be it, but the original post was also answered.
Sorry if this offends anyone, that's not my intention, but everyone has the right to as a question and be answered - just my opinion.

Latest posts