• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

When were you really able to handle your BD?

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you =) Don't be jealous... Draco HATES bath time... He hasn't pooped for 2 days though so I was trying to get him to stay in there until he pooped. He doesn't really freak out too much but he constantly tries to jump out unless I pet him. If I pet him he'll usually close his eyes for a little while and relax. I keep giving his atleast 25 minutes bath time though so HOPEFULLY he'll get used to it. I'm not going to hold my breath though =P

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mine hates the bathroom sink when I'm giving her a quick wash when she tracks through her poop. So I started filling up a plastic shoe box with warm water and she'll sit there, holding onto my hand while I bathe her with a small wash cloth made out of an old robe. She's pretty funny because she'll sit there for five minutes before trying to climb onto my chest to get me wet first before I dry her off. I used to give her a larger tub but in the mean time it's being used at the moment for something else. She really loves to swim in the bigger tub. She'll go crazy in the smaller shoebox tub.

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
I was putting him in a big container and he hated that more than he hates the sink! He doesn't completely spaz but he lets you know he wants out! I took him out of his viv again for a little while and this time he jumped down and ran around EVERYWHERE!!! I guess the first time today was him just scoping out his route for the next time he was out! haha When I finally picked him up to put him back in his viv he was trying to climb into my dogs food dish.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's a good thing you got him out of the dog food bowl before the dog discovered him!

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
The dog did discover him... he saw him running around on the floor and went towards him until I grabbed him and made my boyfriend hold him. I don't want Draco to even see Dutch until he's comfortable with his surroundings... This was the first time since I got Draco that I let him down on the floor and explore so I didn't want anything to spook him. He did very well :) I don't think he wanted back in his viv cuz when I put him in there he was scratching at the side but baby steps.. I don't want to stress him out.

Latest posts