• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

When to Feed

Josh&Bowser

Hatchling Dragon
Ok should I set a feeding schedule. I ask because Bowser likes to sit on his basking spot and eat when he wants to eat not when I think it is time.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Feeding at the same time of the day is a good plan, allows their system some regularity. They know better than we do what & when they need something. They will soon get used to regular feeding time. If you feed prey in the enclosure, it's fine to let the uneaten ones in there, they will periodically munch when the opportunity presents itself, providing you remove them prior to lights out.

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
yea trust me i know my beardie zion recently got bored of his super worms and crickets and he would just ignore them at feeding time so i had to order 600 dubias from abd this guy is very picky. i wish i would have picked a much more carnivorous dinosour lol i love him though

I.heart.my.bd

Juvenile Dragon
Feeding at the same time of the day is a good plan, allows their system some regularity. They know better than we do what & when they need something. They will soon get used to regular feeding time. If you feed prey in the enclosure, it's fine to let the uneaten ones in there, they will periodically munch when the opportunity presents itself, providing you remove them prior to lights out.

I do this and I find Chaos munching throughout the day:) but any that are left which is maybe one or two are removed at the end of the night:)

Latest posts