• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

When do they stop growing? Is he stunted?

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Draco will be 2 in july 2013...however I see pics of adult beardies and hes not as filled out as the others ive seen...he still goes through sheds...as a baby he went for a long period where he didnt eat right, he just didnt like certain foods so it was it was hard to give him a varried diet...he also didnt like anything with added calcium. Since he was a baby I have got him to eat crix, occassional small worms, collards and kale as staple veggies. He does like carrots, stawberries, grapes and cuccumbers as treats now that hes older. He wont eat squash tho. Is there anything esle I could try? Is it too late to help him bulk up? I cant feed anything other than crix and worms as for insects (not my house, no other insects allowed in lol)...but he does eat about 20 large crix gut loaded with kale and collards every other day and he gets a bowl full of washed kale and collards every day which he sometime will or wont eat depending. Is there anything else I could do for him? Will he continue to grow? Is he just behind? If he is stunted will it have a serious neg effect on him? Hes not overly stunted or anything, hes normal, just not stocky and muscular.
fish143.jpg

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, Usually by the age of 2 years they are done growing. they can stil put on weight but lengths will pretty much stay the same. Not all dragons are created equal. they will vary in size. Despite your feeding efforts. Genetically, some wont grow as large as some others. My mr.wilson is over 20 inches, where Tarzan is 16 inches.

Latest posts