• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

When do they get used to you?

SSFegeto

Bearded Dragon Egg
So... I really want us to be pals, and my beardie is getting to be almost 4 months old now and still runs and squirms away from me. It makes me sad when I see pictures of people cuddling their dragons when mine won't... is it normal at this age?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
So... I really want us to be pals, and my beardie is getting to be almost 4 months old now and still runs and squirms away from me. It makes me sad when I see pictures of people cuddling their dragons when mine won't... is it normal at this age?
Its normal, babies dont like being handled much, mine never did, what i did to tame mine down, i took her out first thing when her lights came on (so she was lethargic and couldn’t move as fast) they soon learn that you mean no harm and your hands/arms are nice and warm and will bond to you, do you have any cloth with your scent on it in the enclosure? Put it where the lizard sleeps.

SSFegeto

Bearded Dragon Egg
Okay ill do that, just worried cause I was handling him at night before lights out when he was tired then he ended up going to bed early for days after... but then I saw he was going through a shed so maybe that was it.. and I don't want him to grow up savage lol

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes he needs to get used to his tank and surroundings- place a piece of clothing or fleece blanket w/ your scent on it in his hide so he gets used to your smell - they need to learn to trust and you patient-- try hand feeding some BSFL in the morning before feeding his salad - approach from the side not above he will think your a predator- they have a 3rd eye on top of their heads- work w/ him every day slow put your hands in his tank as much as possible-

Latest posts