• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

when do beardies become adults?

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So what are the stages of a beardies life?
baby
juvi
adult
is there like a size range or is it when they become a certain age?

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
They reach sexual maturity at about 2 yrs. They can produce earlier but realy shouldnt be bread before then.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
not worried about the S.......E.......X..... side of it (spelling it quietly, so l don't get asked 50 million Q's about what it is)
Ok, Yoda is about 10 months.. should l be feeding 1 2 or 3 times a day and when should i start feeding protein every 2nd day?

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
kewl, l still feed crickets twice a day and offer superworms twice a week but only a couple. I also still offer greens 2 -3 times a day, depending on how much he throws around the enclosure and how much he eats.. He's such a little piggy. I gave him a big dish of greens and checked him 10 minutes later and this is what l found... DSC05914.JPGDSC05915.JPG

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
greens and fruit can be hard to eat when cut small simply because they dont stick to the dragons tounge very well. your guy should be big enough that you can start tearing your greens instead of cutting them up so small. its been my experience that tearing is less messy when they run through it, its easier for you to prepare, and the dragons are more apt to eat them as adults because when you tear them up, they are getting bigger pieces and the greens "fluff up" in the bowl better making it easier for them to get AND you probably wont be waisting as much. sometime si think they do that just to tick us off. lol:mad:

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
ahh ok, i didn't realise that... it's a pain in the butt chopping everything so l'm going to "tear a leaf out of your book" **HAHA get it!! Jane tried to make a funny**
and start ripping not chopping. do l still have to make sure it's smaller than the space between his eyes for things life leaves and greens? Obviously with harder stuff they need to be roughly chopped

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
ahh ok, i didn't realise that... it's a pain in the butt chopping everything so l'm going to "tear a leaf out of your book" **HAHA get it!! Jane tried to make a funny**
and start ripping not chopping. do l still have to make sure it's smaller than the space between his eyes for things life leaves and greens? Obviously with harder stuff they need to be roughly chopped
when tearing up the salad just make sure the pieces are a little smaller than the head as they can handle larger pieces of greens than they can live prey. just use a little common sense and whatever your comfort level is. if you see he doesnt do well with the larger pieces then tear them a little smaller but they generally do fine.

packfan74

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Back to one of the original questions - what size is the average beardie at what stages?

1. Average baby (6 months)? - (male/female)
2. Average juvi (12 months)? - (male/female)
3. Average adult (18 months)? - (male/female)

My beardie is about 19 months now. I believe he's a male. He is 18" (inches) nose to tip of tail. Not really sure how much he weighs but he does have a nice fat tummy - similar to alot of the pictures I've seen on the Forum of other adults (of his kind; average/typical bloke, grey/khaki/sand color; not fancy).

Is 18" a decent size for a male of his age?

Latest posts