• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What's wrong with him?

Hero-Wuff

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Lately my baby has been rather lethargic and at first i thought it was due to brumation, but it wasn't. Anyway, he keeps doing this throat movements where he puffs it out like a frog and then it goes back to normal. He has been doing it allot lately and it's reaccuring. His abdomen squeezes tight when he puffs his throat too so i was thinking there could be a problem with his lungs?

Any help is good~

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is it possibly in shed, they will do this to help loosen the old skin, if so, give him a warm soak? Is there any sound emitted when this happens? Are his eyes bright & clear? As with attempting to pinpoint almost any problem, it is necessary post your basic husbandry specs, his age, pictures are always a Huge help, of both the BD & the enclosure. This gives any help givers an idea of the situation at hand, in order to give timely advice.

Good Luck

Reactions: Jp

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Is he keeping his head lifted up most of the time? Is his mouth gaping even when not basking? Any mucus out of the mouth? Does the nasal passage look clear or does it look like there could be something in there?

Latest posts