• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What size dubias to feed a juvenile?

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My newest addition, Drake, is almost 4 months old and 15" long (hatched on 10/21/09). The breeder was giving him crickets, and told me to feed him 3/4 inch crickets and superworms. I don't feed crickets, we only have dubias. What is the correct feeding size for dubias? I keep hearing different things, from 1/3 the length of the dragon's head to no longer than the space between their eyes, and even as long as the head (snout to the back) but no wider than the space between their eyes...

I've never had anything but adult dragons before. How big are his feeders supposed to be???

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
most follow the no larger than the space between the eyes rule. That rule has a little leeway so you can go a tad bigger but not much.

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
crypticdragons said:
most follow the no larger than the space between the eyes rule. That rule has a little leeway so you can go a tad bigger but not much.

So the length of the insect should be no wider than the space between their eyes?

Latest posts