• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What morph does this look like?

_Rumbler

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I just got a male beardie from a local shop. They didn't know what he was. But I don't really think he looks normal, he has really bright orange around his eyes. I am not sure, but he might be in shed right now?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362098784.074530.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362098803.552567.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362098821.369069.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_Rumbler

Bearded Dragon Egg
Haha well thank you very much! I thought he was a handsome devil too:) I guess he was a kind of consignment type deal, where the owner sold them through the pet shop. But the guy never specified what morph he is. I hope he gets more and more orange as he grows, but I'm not sure how these guys coloration works.

_Rumbler

Bearded Dragon Egg
Okay thank you very much:) I'm thinking about getting him a girlfriend, so I will have to look around for a nice bright colored female for him:)

_Rumbler

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for the link, good info and some things I didn't know.(I am still soaking up everything I can) But I should have been a bit more specific. I wasn't planning on housing them together, that was just my way of saying I want to get a female dragon:) I have another breeder tank open, and would house her in there. I breed ball pythons and maybe someday down the road, I might try breeding beardies. These guys seem to have awesome personalities, and are much more personable than snakes haha.

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have read pages upon pages about breeding. The only true advice I can give you (from what I've read, that is), don't expect to make money breading bearded dragons. From what I can guess, you'll lose money unless you go very big, and are very prepared from the outset.
That being said, I'm still considering trying it...once, and only once.

Here's a few places to give you and idea;

http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/index.php?threads/thinking-of-breeding.5348/

http://www.reptilescanada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57820

Sorry my links aren't pretty. I just want to help out a fellow enthusiast.

_Rumbler

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have read pages upon pages about breeding. The only true advice I can give you (from what I've read, that is), don't expect to make money breading bearded dragons. From what I can guess, you'll lose money unless you go very big, and are very prepared from the outset.
That being said, I'm still considering trying it...once, and only once.

Here's a few places to give you and idea;

http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/index.php?threads/thinking-of-breeding.5348/

http://www.reptilescanada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57820

Sorry my links aren't pretty. I just want to help out a fellow enthusiast.

Thank you for taking the time to give me those links, I really do appreciate it. I would by no means even think about breeding them for the next couple years. That being said, I think I would have my hands full. I can see these guys take A LOT of care...holy smokes!! That amount of crickets is literally insane. The housing I can do, and luckily I have a place that I would be able to sell my babies. But i would make sure they were healthy and eating good before i sold them, and the amount of time I imagine it would take to feed them and get the picky little buggers to come around....I would have to take a season off from my ball python breeding. I just can't get over those cricket numbers haha, I mean I can get them for like $22 per thousand but they eat so many!!! That's a lot to consider, my reason for breeding would be to keep a couple hold backs for myself, and not so much the money. That's a lot of work for a couple dragons, but I guess I do this stuff because I love the animals and it is what I like to do. I guess I would have to cross that bridge when I got there as to whether or not to take off a season with the snakes and breed my dragons.
Thanks again for all that info and the brain cramp that came with it haha;)
Sorry it took so long for me to reply too, I am on an app on my iPhone and it has been acting funny and not notifying me for some reason..

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I fully understand the woes that come with Tapatalk. It can be quite the pain sometimes. I've considered breeding myself. I'm sure that's obvious. I'm at least a year way. When/if I'm ready, I think I'll go with a dubia, or Turkish red colony. They breed like crazy. I believe the term "prolific" comes up a lot. I would, of cider l course, still feed crickets, as that is what most beardie owners would start off with as a feeder. I've already started getting some lighting together. The garage will become the "breeder den" so to speak. Either way, it should be an interesting process, once undertaken. I look forward to your endeavors with these lovely creatures.

_Rumbler

Bearded Dragon Egg
I fully understand the woes that come with Tapatalk. It can be quite the pain sometimes. I've considered breeding myself. I'm sure that's obvious. I'm at least a year way. When/if I'm ready, I think I'll go with a dubia, or Turkish red colony. They breed like crazy. I believe the term "prolific" comes up a lot. I would, of cider l course, still feed crickets, as that is what most beardie owners would start off with as a feeder. I've already started getting some lighting together. The garage will become the "breeder den" so to speak. Either way, it should be an interesting process, once undertaken. I look forward to your endeavors with these lovely creatures.

Well it sounds like you are getting pretty close to being ready to breed. I wish you the best of luck and may the gods give you great odds:) I have considered a Dubia colony myself. I have a pacman and gecko that would also eat them, but getting the gf to allow roaches might be a fight I don't want to have haha. And I would be worried about the little guys after they leave me, and some new owner brings it home and it's stressed out and doesn't recognize the crickets as its normal protein source.
But it sounds like you have your ducks in a row with breeding, and I'm sure you will be very successful. I will be looking out for your posts when you are ready to start.

Latest posts