• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

what kind of grout

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you want tile, from experience, I would suggest a more nonporous tile than that of a "Natural slate/rock" tile...My custom enclosure has porous, tumbled marble...As far as cleaning goes, it was a bit of a mistake...looks amazing, doesnt clean very well for tile...

You can use whatever you please but that was just my opinion on the tile itself...as far as grout goes, there is only ONE grout that I would recommend to use in any kind of critter cage.

index.php

I have used SpectraLOCK on both of my cages now, and what can I say? If you stay on top of your cleaning, then this grout literally is stain PROOF as it advertises. It is considerably more expensive than conventional grout, at roughly $25 for what you see in the picture above, but as far as the maintenance (Never has to be sealed or resealed where as conventional grout does yearly) its totally worth the extra coin. As far as the grouting process you have to be quick with this stuff...being it is an EPOXY and not regular mortar mix, it dries considerably fast, not too fast to dry in the bucket but fast enough where you cant walk away and come back to it later.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
100% silicone would work, being sure that it is allowed 24 hours to cure completely & all fumes dissipate prior to reintroducing the BD to the enclosure.

Latest posts