• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What kind of Dragon do I have?

Anthony Wilson

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got this adult dragon from Petco for a $5 donation since he was relinquished from prior owner. He came with a 20g long tank and multiple light/heat lights. I've been doing basic care research and feel I know the basics as needed for good care, however I have no idea what kind of Dragon I have. Can anyone help me ID the type please? I was told he was not a standard
received_2189889741280641.jpeg

Terra66

Hatchling Dragon
He looks to be a leatherback, maybe a little orange, but there's really no way to be absolutely sure.
He sure is cute though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep you have a beautiful leatherback, but yes other than that hard to say for sure.
Feel free to check out the links below several of our comments as we have put together a ton of helpful information for resources on their care and husbandry practices.

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi, such a lovely beardie, he's awesome. The 20 gallon tank you got with him is way too small for an adult bearded dragon, it should be a minimum of 40 gallon. I would look to upgrading that as soon as you are able. Also ,that sand is bad news, it looks like calci sand which is worse than normal sand. Any particulate substrate can lead to impaction which can be very serious, it also harbors bacteria. Beardies lick everything and will ingest sand like that and with food. There are plenty of other things you can use, unglazed tiles, slate, reptile carpet, paper towels, shelf liner. These are all easier to keep clean than sand and in most cases can be simply wiped to spot clean.
Good luck with your new buddy

Latest posts