• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is wrong with the poop?

pandorina001

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone,
She is 5 months old and today I noticed her poop is unformed and there is large amount of liquid around. What could be the problem?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-04-20 at 15.15.35.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-04-20 at 15.15.35.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 12

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone,
She is 5 months old and today I noticed her poop is unformed and there is large amount of liquid around. What could be the problem?
I believe I am seeing undigested insects in there - what are you feeding? What are your surface basking temps and how are you taking them? Stick ons are inaccurate - you want digital probe thermometer- we need to start there first -the water is good just means the dragon is hydrated - they will poop out extra water - is there white urate laying around somewhere where its not in the pic

pandorina001

Bearded Dragon Egg
She is eating lobster roaches, grass hoopers, and small morios. For greens, I am feeding mainly, collard greens, rockets, basil, bell peppers every day, and carrots twice a week. Also strawberries and apples as a treat. Her basking place is a hammock and temp is 39 which I am using a probe termometer to measure. She has a reptisun T8. Yes, there is a white urate. She ate too much greens yesterday. Could it be the case?
I believe I am seeing undigested insects in there - what are you feeding? What are your surface basking temps and how are you taking them? Stick ons are inaccurate - you want digital probe thermometer- we need to start there first -the water is good just means the dragon is hydrated - they will poop out extra water - is there white urate laying around somewhere where its not in the pic

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She is eating lobster roaches, grass hoopers, and small morios. For greens, I am feeding mainly, collard greens, rockets, basil, bell peppers every day, and carrots twice a week. Also strawberries and apples as a treat. Her basking place is a hammock and temp is 39 which I am using a probe termometer to measure. She has a reptisun T8. Yes, there is a white urate. She ate too much greens yesterday. Could it be the case?
The greens will give good hydration - that is not a worry - the undigested insects are - I would cut the size of the roaches and the hoppers- I cant tell what insect it is but its not quite digested - try that cutting the size down and see if they come out digested

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you sadie, what problems could occur if she cannot digest all of the insects?
Impaction- please get the T 8 inside the tank they are not strong enough to.go thru screen - it should sit directly above the basking decor 6-8 inches and not over 6 months old-- I recommend upgrading to a T 5 your going to need to upgrade the fixture as well

Latest posts