• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is this??

Whatoofoit

Bearded Dragon Egg
20220103_081153.jpg
just saw this in my guys tank!! Never seen it before is this a bsfl hatched??? That is really the only bug im currently feeding trying to get him to eat more salads...It's freaky.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 31299just saw this in my guys tank!! Never seen it before is this a bsfl hatched??? That is really the only bug im currently feeding trying to get him to eat more salads...It's freaky.
Did you feed any super worms at any time? If not I am not sure what kind of beetle that is -- it looks like a super worm beetle -- BSFL will turn to like a fly and they are good to feed to the dragon the same w/ the super worm beetle -- hang on to that beetle put it in a plastic cup a deep one Iam gong to find out for sure super worm beetles are black usually at least mine are let me check

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok so the person I had look says its some sort of cousin of the super worm -- I would not feed to be on the safe side --- you never know --

Whatoofoit

Bearded Dragon Egg
Did you feed any super worms at any time? If not I am not sure what kind of beetle that is -- it looks like a super worm beetle -- BSFL will turn to like a fly and they are good to feed to the dragon the same w/ the super worm beetle -- hang on to that beetle put it in a plastic cup a deep one Iam gong to find out for sure super worm beetles are black usually at least mine are let me check
Oh yes I have fed some superworms maybe one got lost its a creepy looking thing can they eat the beetle form? Or should I get rid of that thing

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh yes I have fed some superworms maybe one got lost its a creepy looking thing can they eat the beetle form? Or should I get rid of that thing
Yes they can eat the beetle form- I have fed hiccup them - he seems to like the bug better than the worm itself- they are good teeth cleaners cuz they are crunchy

Latest posts