• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is this?

Bonnie C.

Bearded Dragon Egg
I found this in my bearded dragons tank. Does any one have an idea of what it could be? It doesn’t look like it could be from anything in her tank. It was surrounded by a bunch of little poops and it feels very rubbery.

Attachments

• B1A6B2AE-3D92-4D26-936A-810D28FD7948.jpeg
    B1A6B2AE-3D92-4D26-936A-810D28FD7948.jpeg
    353.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 8AFBFA0A-F029-48FE-9B4E-B953501DB071.jpeg
    8AFBFA0A-F029-48FE-9B4E-B953501DB071.jpeg
    242.2 KB · Views: 29

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Do you have a boy or a girl? Can we see the enclosure? To rule out he didn’t eat anything in there? Does the lizard get outside time? Do you still have the mass? Try cutting into it to get more information, that is odd looking i will say.

Bonnie C.

Bearded Dragon Egg
She is a girl. This is her enclosure ( yes we are switching her to a bigger one with a better light and heat source). She hasn’t gotten any outside time in the past few days as we are in the middle of building a new tank for her and we are going to move her to a new spot. I think I still have the mass so I will definitely try cutting into it, thank you for the recommendation.

Attachments

• D6E805F0-D76C-4D99-B97E-6594F59E12F3.jpeg
    D6E805F0-D76C-4D99-B97E-6594F59E12F3.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 27

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She is a girl. This is her enclosure ( yes we are switching her to a bigger one with a better light and heat source). She hasn’t gotten any outside time in the past few days as we are in the middle of building a new tank for her and we are going to move her to a new spot. I think I still have the mass so I will definitely try cutting into it, thank you for the recommendation.
Your lighting in the tank UVB and basking temps are going to play a part in the looks of the poop --- you want good temps of 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and a good long tube fixture for a UVB NO coils they are no good - if you need links and what to get please ask I will post on what you should get --- those two things I just mentioned are the TWO MOST important things in the tank -- they control the over all health and behavior of the dragon --

Bonnie C.

Bearded Dragon Egg
Your lighting in the tank UVB and basking temps are going to play a part in the looks of the poop --- you want good temps of 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and a good long tube fixture for a UVB NO coils they are no good - if you need links and what to get please ask I will post on what you should get --- those two things I just mentioned are the TWO MOST important things in the tank -- they control the over all health and behavior of the dragon --
Ok thank you! I would like like the links on what to get please, I think they would be very helpful.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
You guys still dont have the insulation on top, do you? I’ll assume no, but if so please get rid of it. Sadie is right distance and bulb type is very important, what kind of carpet is in there?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok thank you! I would like like the links on what to get please, I think they would be very helpful.
https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-high-output-terrarium-hood 24" fixture
it will come w/ a 5.0 bulb hang on to it it can be used as a back up distance and placement is different from the bulb you need now
https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-100-uvb-high-output-bulbs 22" bulb
also you need a digital probe thermometer for accurate basking temps
https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-digital-thermometer-for-terrariums they are out of stock but you can get them at Pet Smart or Petco
I recommend a digital probe hygrometer as well - take the probe and place on the back center wall of the tank it will give humidity for the whole tank -- you want humidity not below 20% and not over 70% -- optimal is 30-50% --
Make sure your using a bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 95-100 -- NO colored bulbs NO heat mats and NO heat rocks -- if you need extra heat at nite please get a CHE ceramic heat emitter they have only heat and NO light -- dragons like cool and dark to sleep it helps metabolize their systems for better sleep --- temps at nite should be 65-75 ---
you need 3 temps in the tank cool side 80's or so
middle of tank 90's if you need to have a extra bulb sitting for the middle of tank you can use either a regular basking bulb 75 watt or try a regular household bulb NO LEDS they do not give off heat try a 40 or 60 watt thats where the digital probe comes in place it on a piece of basking decor underneath
and the basking side of the tank 95-100
Please let me know when you get the UVB I will help you get it set up in your tank

Bonnie C.

Bearded Dragon Egg
You guys still dont have the insulation on top, do you? I’ll assume no, but if so please get rid of it. Sadie is right distance and bulb type is very important, what kind of carpet is in there?
Yes the insulation is on top but it is not regular insulation, it does NOT have fiberglass, and it is hypo-allergenic. I’m not sure what type of of carpet to call it, it feels almost like fake grass but a lot shorter and brown.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Idk if i buy that it doesn’t have fiberglass , im not calling you a liar in any shape or form :( , maybe who gave it to you wasn’t truthful, i work in construction and ive never heard of insulation that doesn’t have fiberglass in it, especially one thats “hypo allergenic” i think thats a joke , please please get a piece of card board instead and cut it to fit on top instead of the insulation, even if it doesn’t have fiber flass and is safe, i still see fibers small enough to fall off into his enclosure and like i said i work in construction, and i wear a quality mask when in attics and i still cough the rest of the day... :/
Yes the insulation is on top but it is not regular insulation, it does NOT have fiberglass, and it is hypo-allergenic. I’m not sure what type of of carpet to call it, it feels almost like fake grass but a lot shorter and brown.
ss

Bonnie C.

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yah I’ll definitely switch it out I totally get what you mean. And I am in the middle of building a new tank for her with a new top so I shouldn’t have to cover it anymore once it’s done.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Yah I’ll definitely switch it out I totally get what you mean. And I am in the middle of building a new tank for her with a new top so I shouldn’t have to cover it anymore once it’s done.
Im not trying to be a jerk know it all, im probably wrong and such a product probably does exist, ive just never heard nor seen it... isn’t it just better to air on the side of caution?

Bonnie C.

Bearded Dragon Egg
Oh ok. Yah I get what you mean now. I’ll just switch it, because yah little pieces do fall off every now and then.

Latest posts