• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is this in my lizards poop?

Arijara

Bearded Dragon Egg
What is think pinkish thing in my lizards poop and should I be worried? Idk if it's normal or if it's something bad. Just making sure thanks :)

Attachments

• 1EEAE7A6-E1F3-4C8E-8055-43428172D5BF.jpeg
    1EEAE7A6-E1F3-4C8E-8055-43428172D5BF.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 18

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What is think pinkish thing in my lizards poop and should I be worried? Idk if it's normal or if it's something bad. Just making sure thanks :)
I am not sure --- what are you feeding and has she /he been out of the tank on floor that maybe eaten something they shouldnt have -- it looks like I am seeing some undigested insects in the dark poop -- how are you taking surface basking temps NO stickons they are inaccurate you want 2 digital probe thermometers -- and what are the surface basking temps ? What kind of UVB are you using coil or a long tube fixture?

Arijara

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am not sure --- what are you feeding and has she /he been out of the tank on floor that maybe eaten something they shouldnt have -- it looks like I am seeing some undigested insects in the dark poop -- how are you taking surface basking temps NO stickons they are inaccurate you want 2 digital probe thermometers -- and what are the surface basking temps ? What kind of UVB are you using coil or a long tube fixture?
I'm pretty sure all my lights and temps are right. I use a long uvb light. The temps are 100-110 at the basking spot, 80-90 in the middle, and 70-80 for the cool side. I've been feeding her mostly mustard green lately. Last weekend she did eat dubia roaches too and she was out for a bit. The poop was probably sitting there for hours while I was at school.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm pretty sure all my lights and temps are right. I use a long uvb light. The temps are 100-110 at the basking spot, 80-90 in the middle, and 70-80 for the cool side. I've been feeding her mostly mustard green lately. Last weekend she did eat dubia roaches too and she was out for a bit. The poop was probably sitting there for hours while I was at school.
Ok so what brand and bulb for the UVB? Distance and placement will be determined by your screen-how old is the UVB? -- I am going to have another person take a look at the poop

Arijara

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so what brand and bulb for the UVB? Distance and placement will be determined by your screen-how old is the UVB? -- I am going to have another person take a look at the poop
It's a reptisun t5 bulb and it's about 12 inches away from where she basks at. It's only a couple months old I just bought a new one. Also thank you

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's a reptisun t5 bulb and it's about 12 inches away from where she basks at. It's only a couple months old I just bought a new one. Also thank you
She got back w/ me and said nothing out of the ordinary - watch her next poop and see what it looks like- is the uvb in the tank?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok and no it's on a mesh screen
Ok please get it in the tank the screen is blocking 30% of the rays- it needs to 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor

Arijara

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok please get it in the tank the screen is blocking 30% of the rays- it needs to 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor
The thing is if I move it inside it would probably be too close. Is that ok?

Arijara

Bearded Dragon Egg
How close? Post a pic of the tank please -- how tall is your tank ?
This is where it is, the light is about 13 inches from wheres she's at in the picture. If I move it inside it it'll be about 11 inches and if she would want to move higher on the ramp it'll be closer

Attachments

• F3D2635F-37E9-46A4-A830-DB08B03FD981.jpeg
    F3D2635F-37E9-46A4-A830-DB08B03FD981.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is where it is, the light is about 13 inches from wheres she's at in the picture. If I move it inside it it'll be about 11 inches and if she would want to move higher on the ramp it'll be closer
Ok strap it inside the tank the 11 inches is fine she will sit where she's comfortable or take the screen off or open it up just so there's no obstruction