• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mike123

Bearded Dragon Egg
I recently bought my beardie(yoda) a 55 gallon terrarium what is the best lighting for him? Heatlamp and UVB light suggustions?

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
For the heat lamp, a clear Exo Terra or other reputable brand can be used. A 100-150 watt bulb in a dimmer fixture and a timer is good for a basking light.
The UVB light should be a Reptisun 10.0 or an Arcadia 12%. The T5 Reptisun bulbs can be mounted on top of the enclosure if the screen is wide enough, but a T8 will need to be mounted inside. Both must be in a reflector fixture.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree w/ Hooman and the UVB's have certain distances they need to be the T 5 is the best bulb over the T 8 -- so please let us know what you get for the UVB bulb as they need to have a certain basking distance -- also the T 8 needs to be replaced every 6 months where as the T 5 once a year and its best to replace both of them a month prior to expiration date -- basking bulbs need to be the bright white that will keep temps 105-110 for a baby and 95-110 for a juvie/ adult -- its good to offer them a gradient heat so they can pick the spot they want to bask at - a good piece of decor that offers different places to sit stand lay on or against is good --- Petsmart has great decor for that --

Latest posts