• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is she doing?

tj4x4fun

Hatchling Dragon
She's been like this for 10 min. Oh and yes he is a she. Thanks to germs vid on sexin a dragon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374197330.311865.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She's basking and thermoregulating. Completely normal.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They do funny things and are quite interesting. Especially when they sleep. :D

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
alliemommom.jpg

She sleeps on us for about an hour...:D She really won't go to sleep without sleeping on me or her grandma. Above pic is with her grandma. Now, she's sleeping on me with her front paw sexy legged. :D Then she goes into her bed:

sexylegs.jpg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is a very common, normal occurrence, particularly with youngsters. One of mine doing the same thing ...

DemonicusAKA-Demon-0006.jpg

As has been mentioned, this is a method that they use to 'Thermo-Regulate' their internal body temps slightly & is called 'Gaping'. Personally, I call it too darn lazy to move to a cooler spot :p .

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, Germ. Ready for the weekend? :p

They love being 'Spoiled' and you can say I've spoiled mine very well. (She's so happy that she grins all the time.)

They're always too darn lazy to move. I know mine doesn't like to move from the hottest perch to the lowest perch. :D

tj4x4fun

Hatchling Dragon
Haha. I thought she was mad I changed her Viv around.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She looks happy. (May get some stress marks from the change in her viv.)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dark marks that appear on their bellies and under their faces.

tj4x4fun

Hatchling Dragon
Ahh she looks like a leopard when she's in her Viv and they fade to white when we take her out. Is that what u are talking about?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Stress marks?
These are the darker circles or markings that often appear on a BDs underside, chest & belly, more commonly seen on younger dragons, that are very INACCURATELY commonly called 'Stress Marks'. While stress can be one of the reasons that they appear, it is not the most common or main reason. Lighting, heat or lack of, mood, surroundings, etc, will all play a part in the appearance of these very natural markings. They come & go, most BDs will generally pretty much outgrow them as they age, do not appear near as often on an adult. Again, these are a natural part of their markings, some BDs will never display them, all of mine have at some point or another.

tj4x4fun

Hatchling Dragon
Seems like all the mature dragons seem to be more orange. Is she going to change color?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They often change rather drastically from shed to shed until they generally level out as adults & every individual BD is different, so time is the only one that can answer that question ...

Latest posts