• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What do I do now?

BeardedDragon65

Juvenile Dragon
After almost 5 months, 10 vet visits, 3 different medications, and a but load of care, my bearded dragons stool samples FINALLY showed negative for coccidia. Everything for him is back to normal, except its still hard to get him to eat :/. Is it just a matter of time? Or is there something I have to do?

Beardiegirl27

Hatchling Dragon
Aww sounds good to me. Do you put your beardie down by his food bowl? Lol sometimes mine is soooo lazy that I have to put him down by his bowl to get him to eat! :p
How do you keep yours hydrated?

BeardedDragon65

Juvenile Dragon
I have a water bowl that he never really uses the last couple months. I either had to sit there for hours trying to get him to eat or force feed him some bearded dragon pellets which were soaked in water. It's so weird because ill try to get him to eat, and sometimes he'll close his eyes and deny the food. If he does that, I have to way a few days before trying again. If he takes it, he'll take all the food I offer him for the day. It's so odd.

Beardiegirl27

Hatchling Dragon
Aww! Have you tried giving him some water from a spoon or a curved tip syringe? Drip it on their nose and they'll drink! I do that daily too, noticed it gives him more energy.. Mines an adult now so he's a lazy boy!
He doesn't eat his greens everyday but he'll always take some dubias!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
His stomach is out of whack from the antibiotics and just needs some time to settle down. Try a probiotic you can get capsules over the counter and mix half a capsule with some water in a syringe with water or there is a company called beardeddragon.co that you can buy all sorts of stuff from and they have a reptile probiotic. Also, bee pollen dusted on feeders and salad is supposed to help get them interested in food again.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I ditto what PatsyB said ^^^ in time his appetite will come back meds really get em messed up...just keep offering what you are and do the warm soaks to give him the opportunity to drink by dribbling some on his nose.. Your doing great

BeardedDragon65

Juvenile Dragon
Is thus the probiotic you meant?
probioticpowder-100x100.jpg

I'm very counfused on what amounts to use and how much to give him :/
Any help would be awesome :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That's what I use. I usually sprinkle a small scoop on either their salads or on the bugs every other day. With Dolly being on Panacur, I mixed 2 small scoops in 2oz of water and mixed, fill a syringe with the mixture and drip it on her nose and let her lick it off. Usually dripping water on their nose triggers them to open their mouth and lick.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
This is the scoop, it's actually called a tiny scoop!
image.png

BeardedDragon65

Juvenile Dragon
Oh yes and one more question. Can I use the probiotics on a tegu, it feels like something like that would work for all reptiles, not just one specific animal.

Latest posts