• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

what do i do about the lights in vivarium over night

allison jenkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
hello I am a new owner of a baby beardy and I was just wondering if any one can help me as I don't know what to do about the lights in my viv do I keep them on or do they both get turned of as I don't want to my beardy to get cold so if any one can help me please inbox me thanks

Ron G

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
All my lights go out at 8:00 every night. As long as your room stays somewhere around the 70 range everything will be fine. If it starts to get really cold in the room you can get a heating bulb that doesn't throw off any light. Bearded Dragons need to sleep at night without any lights to bother them. They also need to cool down at night to regulate their body.

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, welcome to the forum. No lights over night. As long as your temps stay above 60*f you dont need a heat source.If it does fall blow that buy a ceramic heat emitter with a thermostat to provide sufficient temps.

Latest posts