1. Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

what cricket company do YOU like to order from

Discussion in 'Reptile Product Reviews' started by dragonfab32, Mar 4, 2014.

1. dragonfab32

dragonfab32 Hatchling Dragon

i recently had a bad experience with armstrongs crickets as they got the size of crickets wrong and 40% of them arrived dead so i need a new comany to be able to trust any suggestions?
  2. PatsyB

PatsyB Super Moderator Staff Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

I have used Ghann's in the past and they are real good. I only stopped using them because they ship FedEx and I my FedEx drivers are MORONS! I have frogs so over at the frog forum they recommend Josh's frogs and have had good luck with them. They are in Michigan and ship UPS and I am friendly with my UPS driver so he takes care of my packages! I had one instance where the box came damaged and 1/2 the crickets were missing, I emailed them and they sent me out a new batch right away. I also tried to order when it was below zero and they CALLED me and told me that they didn't feel comfortable sending them out (they would if I wanted them to) and that they would send them out the next week because it was going to be nicer out. I thought that was nice of them, I really needed crickets but I made due for a week with the pet store. The crickets come packed in the usual box with mesh vents but also placed in a normal cardboard box with heat warmers in them to keep them toasty. In the summer they just come in the box with mesh vents. The bigger crickets get shipped with a potatoe and the smaller ones sometimes have a water pack. They are cold and slow moving when they come but after a few hours perk up.
  3. yellowrosesATX

yellowrosesATX Bearded Dragon Egg

http://www.hungrylizard.com/crickets/

These guys came highly rated by the breeder I ordered our dragon from. I haven't ordered from them yet but their prices are awesome and the breeder said she has really great service from them. Her only complaint was the sizes aren't always spot on.
  4. USARetired

USARetired Bearded Dragon Egg

5. Hdrydr31

Hdrydr31 Bearded Dragon Veteran Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

I use Armstrong and have for years and they have been VERY good to me. Great customer service!! They most always send more than ordered, if anything is wrong with them they resend free of charge. I can't have them come FedEx at all!!! as they never arrive alive 1. I think my route driver hates bugs 2. they must have changed their layovers or time on the tarmac making them die off almost over night.. They know to only send them to me via UPS and my driver is awesome they always get to me by 10:30am he see's them and puts them top of his list.
    I've also used Ghans and had pretty good success.
    I also use Rainbowmealworms and the mealworms came happy and plump.
  6. Candybugs

Candybugs Bearded Dragon Veteran

I used to order from flukers with next day shipping but I had an order sit in La. Post office for 2 days then at my post office for 2 more days and I had 2000 dead crickets I was furious . I found rainbow and they're 20 minutes from my house so no more shipping. I also found a chameleon expert there who coached me in saving my chameleon from mbd. He's the best bonus ever. The only difference in the flukers and rainbows crickets is the rainbow sound more frantic and flukers were more of a soothing rythmic chirping .. But ya super lucky to have rainbow so close.
    Hdrydr31 likes this.