• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What could be making him so stressed out?

thatGuysCool

Hatchling Dragon
I came home to find him on his branch and black. He had black stress lines all over his stomach. and his beard was black but not puffed out. I have notice over the last 2 days that he has been glass dancing and gets very jealous when he see his "reflection" getting pet.

I currently have him in a 30l glass tank with black construction paper on the outside of the sides and back. Should I move it to the inside of the glass so he doesnt see his own reflection?

stumpy

Hatchling Dragon
That's odd I know my little girl is darker in color when I first get home but after I feed her and love on her she turns supper bright.

Few things u mite change just from what I have learned so far. Put ur uv light in the tank because the mesh top will filter it out ( they can turn really dark when trying to get the most uv light/ sun). When ever u walk buy for the first Tim in the morning and after work. Tall to him as u slowly get closer to him. Letting him know ur there so u don't surpris him.

Idk if the black paper is good or bad but I would take it down and put up something with a bit more to look at. Just on the back leave the sides and front in covered. They love to look around and see what's going on and to me the black paper seams boring and a tad spooky :)

Hope that helps

thatGuysCool

Hatchling Dragon
I've had Spyro for a little over a month and this is a very new development (within the last 2 or so days). He used to come right to me in the AM when I would wake up and walk to his tank. I always talk to him (Like he is my son). I did notice that as soon as I put some crix in his tank this morning and his demeanor changed and went back to normal for about 20 minutes. I will to move his UV bulb to the tank when I get home from work. I will also try to pickup a more scenic background today and mount it to the inside of the tank so there is not reflection.

Latest posts