• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

?what are the best bulbs to use?

SxDx1986

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
ive bought a zoomed powersun and also own numerous reptisun 10.0 strip lights w basking bulbs but find my younger dragon seems more lively under his dual light setup as opposed to my big girl who has a powersun bulb in a deep dish XL dome..i also bought an exoterra solar bulb that ran me about 60 bucks.they along w the zoomed powersun supposedly last a year but i was wondering did anyone have any opinions on whether the more expensive all in one bulbs were better and it mtb was more likely to develop under one setup more than the other?i dust my reps food every other day and make sure theyre offered greens as well as various protein sources

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i like the reptisun bulbs but i've always heard the 10.0 is too intense so i just get 5.0
all my herps seem to like it...

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
if you have a mercury bulb i don't think you need anymore uvb as that what many people but i added the compact uvb zoo med bulbs because any smart person would know that y0ur bearded dragon is not going to be under one bulb all the time especially as they get older so you really want the uvb tubes to run the length of the cage. you really should think about building your viv i have done the research and it is much cheaper to build it rather than go to the store and spend 500 on a viv plus lights and decorations etcs

Latest posts