• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What are good safe toys for Gordo?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
In all reality, they probably aren't all that "safe". Anything your BD could break a piece off of and not digest well really couldn't be deemed "safe". It is often overlooked since it's cute, as well as fake plants because of the aesthetic value.

In my opinion, BDs like to dig so they will often burrow or "cuddle" a stuffed animal or blanket.

Beardiesrock84

Hatchling Dragon
I sew alot so I was thinking of making a little stuffed beardie for him, with no buttons or anything, just plain smooth fabric. I think as long as there is nothing he can get into his mouth from it it might be ok....

Silkmoth

Hatchling Dragon
I was thinking about a golf ball too. I have in mind the warning about the toilet paper tube for children, I would make sure first it could not get stuck in their mouth. My tarantulas like to push around their ball and packing peanuts. Why not a ball for a dragon?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
would a golf ball be a safe toy?
I fail to see the harm that could be done with it :). Fabric can always be torn by sharp teeth... a golf ball would be really hard to do that with.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mine loves to cuddle to a small beanie baby toy and she even sleeps with her paw on it. Sometimes she'll sleep on it, sit on it, and lay on it while basking. She won't let it go half the time. She loves it. I guess she loves it so much that she 'tastes' it to make sure it's hers. LOL:p

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It was hard for me because almost all of my beanie babies weren't safe. I found this small husky toy, removed the tags except one which I knew she wouldn't attempt to eat. Last night though, I had her on me and she started cuddling down to my stomach, next to her toy. Well, she plopped her head on it and went to sleep. While she slept, it fell off and she rolled off with it. Poor baby, woke up and crawled up looking pitiful at me. She didn't fall off to the floor or anything. I was sitting in a chair at the time. She loves her toy...

http://www.google.com/imgres?start=...&tbnw=143&ndsp=36&ved=1t:429,r:42,s:300,i:130

Lemonpie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Anyone know if one of those clear balls used for guinea pigs to roll around in would be a safe and fun toy?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can use a plastic cat toys found in the Dollar General Stores, if you've got one in your area.) Look for the ones in the package of three and there's no holes for their tongues or claws to get stuck in. (They may not use it because mine didn't. She just totally ignored it.)

Latest posts