• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Went to the Library with Alley

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
First time with Alley in the library and this kid started talking about his experience with a bearded dragon. He said that he picked up this bearded dragon from Petland. It bit him, and crawled down his arm to get away from him. It bearded up at him and he tried to pick him up again, but he bit him again. Then he kicked the bearded dragon away in Petland! He told me the bearded dragon was large-about 24 inches and he hurt him, I know. What an idiot! I didn't let him see Alley anymore after that because I didn't want him to get hurt either.

But I felt so bad for the other beardie. It's not fair that the poor reptile at Petland suffered such a fate. I don't know what happened, but I have a feeling the dragon's dead. :(

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Makes me wonder what possesses them to be cruel to helpless animals. Not only animals, but their own children.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
That is so sad! Why did the bd bite him is what i want to know.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Maybe instincts or the bd was afraid of the kid or sensed something off with the kid.

Alley didn't really like my mother much and he bearded up at her and then opened his mouth. My mother was shocked, but he stopped after she said something to him. He doesn't beard up at her anymore, but he sure bearded up on a car ride on an Interstate. I guess everything was fast for him. He likes looking around and about in his carrier. He didn't black beard so that was okay. He does stretch his beard when he basks.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
The kid probably just didn't know what he was doing and triggered instinctual behavior. The pet store owner/worker should have been paying closer attention.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree. They do need to keep an eye out on who handles their animals.

Latest posts