• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Well, we gone and done it! :-)

Jaycies

Juvenile Dragon
Well, I THOUGHT we were going to wait until the reptile show in Sacramento on the 28th of this month. However, my daughter and I got the spontaneous idea of going to see the store of one of the breeders that is going to be at the show to see what his store looked like. So off we went, in the middle of a rain storm! And of course, you know what happened!! We both fell in love with two orange bearded dragons and now are the proud owners of 4-month old Fudge and Sunflower!

We're still going to the show, have our tickets all ready to go, but will be going for the experience and to buy things for our new babies!!

Jaycies

Juvenile Dragon
Not yet; the breeder said we should be fine for the week we are setting up the other tank since they are not adults yet and have been housed together. After the reptile show on Saturday, we'll have two tanks set up!

Is that okay?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Breeders house hatchlings together because it is just not cost effective to have 20-30 separate enclosures for each & every hatchling for each & every clutch. Many times having 2-3+ clutches going at once. That would be 50-90 or so enclosures, wouldn't be good business. But that is also why we often see many hatchlings with missing toes, limbs, tails or worse.

But the reality in keeping them as pets, they should never be housed together. You may come home to carnage that you won't soon forget. You may get lucky & have nothing serious happen for a short time, but then again, the odds are very good that something quite serious might happen.

Please check out this link, it is an eye opener, then make your choices. All this should have been taken into consideration prior to their purchase. This is nothing to take lightly & just say that they will do okay. If you will notice that the amputations happen very young also & often by siblings.

Is Bearded Dragon Co-habitation a good plan?

Video/Slideshow Version

Good Luck

Last edited:

Jaycies

Juvenile Dragon
Ack, Germ! I did watch this before and was thinking it was okay until they were six months old! Eeek! Will fix today!!!

Latest posts