• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Well its official im a daddy.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I read once that the pellets expand when wet and you need to moisten them before you feed them to your beardies.

They look good!

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I read once that the pellets expand when wet and you need to moisten them before you feed them to your beardies.

They look good!
I did. More for hydration at the time. Ill have to see how much they do expand next time.

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Make sure they aren't made from corn or soy, and if they are the company doesn't use gmo's.
Its the ones the breeder was feeding and recommends feeding.

So I had to separate them today :(

Knew it would happen eventually but did not know this soon.
This is now the boys enclosure for now.
Im thinking about making a double 60-75 gal tank stand I think for them.
uploadfromtaptalk1405017346531.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1405017346531.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405017396151.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405017396151.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 15

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
What happened?
Let me guess, the boy attacked her. Some dragons jusy don't play nice with other dragons.
No he was the one in the corner trying to hide behind a plant. I could see so signs of a fight but ge was extremely stressed. She is slightly bigger than he is but not a whole not. Its ok though I knew they would have to br separated sooner or later. He is doing much better in the tank to himself.

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
No he was the one in the corner trying to hide behind a plant. I could see so signs of a fight but ge was extremely stressed. She is slightly bigger than he is but not a whole not. Its ok though I knew they would have to br separated sooner or later. He is doing much better in the tank to himself.
Ok lets try this again in English lol.
The male was the one that appeared stressed. He was in the back corner behind a plant hiding from the female dragon. She is a little bigger than he is and im not sure how much older if any. He would not come out even for food so I decided it was time he got him own enclosure. It was a bit of an extra expense I was not expecting right now but its ok. All that matters is he should be ok now. He seemed really grateful for me taking him out lol. And he loves the artificial driftwood. I got it in the aquatic section at petsmart. It had some holes in it so I superglued rocks into them.

Also I just ordered 1000 vitabug crickets from them. Anyone have experience buying from lllreptile?

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
No from lllreptile.
I got some crickets from petsmart which my dragons designated today lol.

But dont she look happy?
uploadfromtaptalk1405090354061.jpg

Sorry it was a blurry pic.

Another pic of the enclosures together.
uploadfromtaptalk1405090354061.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405090382962.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405090382962.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 20

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
She looks like "Yup, I ate all those". Good thing you separated them early. I've never ordered from LLLReptiles, I'm sure the crickets are fine. Someone else here orders the Vita Crickets and loves them. I ordered them from Josh's frogs last time, but right now my beardies are protesting and not eating crickets so can't tell you if they like them or not.

It would have been an interesting experiment to keep track of all the money I've spent on my bearded dragons in the last 17 months! I probably could have bought a house!

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So far in say a week ive spent ove a $1000 lol but startup is always the most expensive. I hope lol.

Oh and the female wont tuch waxworms for sone reason. The boy dont have a problem with them though.

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
What is the best height for a home made enclosure?
Im thinking of making a (5'-6')Lx 2'Wx (18"-24")H double stacked enclosure.

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Im having cat problems with my beardies. She keeps wanting to get on top of the cage and she looks at them like she really really wants to eat them. Ive tried putting her off and telling her NO a hundred times. Ive soaked her with a spray bottle and nothing works :( I dont want the room closed off 24/7. So my question is will this behavior stress them out or cause them problems? If not ill just let her be and hopefully she will lose interest after a while. But if it does I dont know what to do.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Im having cat problems with my beardies. She keeps wanting to get on top of the cage and she looks at them like she really really wants to eat them. Ive tried putting her off and telling her NO a hundred times. Ive soaked her with a spray bottle and nothing works :( I dont want the room closed off 24/7. So my question is will this behavior stress them out or cause them problems? If not ill just let her be and hopefully she will lose interest after a while. But if it does I dont know what to do.

My cat Sasha loves her beardies! When I just had Dexter, I gave Sasha a spot next to the tank where she could sit next to the tank and watch Dex without the need to climb on top and get burned. One time she climbed on the gecko tank and got burned and that didn't even stop her from trying again! Now that I have the two tanks there is no spot for her to sit next to them, so for awhile I had to put tape sticky side up on Luci's tank to stop her from trying to get on top of the tank. She would even jump on the frog tank and sit there to get a good view of both Dexter and Luci. I had tape strung between tanks! She eventually got bored watching Luci in his tank and stopped trying. I think it helps that Luci gets supervised play time out of the tank and everyone goes in the front room and watches Luci run. Sasha watches Luci closely but is actually afraid of him when he gets close to her. He's very quick and fearless. It never stressed the beardies out having the cat watching them. Luci is so in his own world that sometimes I don't think he realizes what's going on. His constant glass dancing probably got on Sasha's last nerve like it does mine LOL!

Sasha got tired of Dexter. Now the only cat that gets close to Dexter is Isis, she will lay with her on the top of the couch and Dexter has no problem with her (probably because she's very warm).

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
uploadfromtaptalk1405180162331.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405180181568.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405180181568.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 20