• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Well, I said I wasn't going to get a dragon...

CornyLover

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all. I work at a dreaded pet store and was first and foremost in love with the snakes. After getting four corn snakes, I swore I was out of room for any more pets. Then one morning as I was inspecting all the animals, I found one of our tiny, and I mean tiny, bearded dragons who was just dragging his right front leg. I took him out and took him to the manager on duty who told me I shouldn't have took him out, that I was causing him more harm, and to leave him in the enclosure to keep an eye on him. Needless to say, I was pissed. So as soon as the assistant store manager came in, I pulled her over to the cage and pointed him out. Long story short, she chewed out the other manager on duty, he was pissed at me for a while, and I got to take our little dragon to the vet that day.

The vet sent him back with us with pain meds, antibiotics, and a calcium supplement to aid the healing of his broken leg. They told us it was going to take a month of medication before he would be able to go back on the sales floor. Well, after a couple of weeks I was in love with this little guy who kept right on chugging with his little gimpy leg and I named him Captain and built a new enclosure to house my snakes so there'd be room for him. After the month, he was using his leg but was lethargic, dark grey all the time, and not eating very much. We assumed it was due to the stress of us having to give him all three medicines through different syringes every morning, so I took the chance of him just needing a nice quite home and bought him.

After a week, I weighed him and he barely him 4 grams. It took about three weeks for him to really start eating and drinking but he's doing so well and is up to 8 grams now which is still ridiculously small but is great improvement. I love watching him chase down crickets using all of his legs while he's a nice yellow color.

Also, I just want to thank everyone on this site as I've been lurking for quite some time gathering info (originally just so I could properly inform customers) that has really come in handy and helped me get my little Captain back on track.

This is him chilling out with a dismembered cricket :)
Captain.jpg

Latest posts