• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Welcoming 2 new baby girls!

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello everyone, i had to make a decision this weekend, our juvenile beardy that i got for my daughter has always been a lil fiesty.. She hissed at me every time i fed her since day 1 & she never grew out of it. We could not interact with her & i didn't trust her around my daughter. I just didn't have the experience to know how to deal with her. This is how she often greeted me..
20130430_145516.jpg

Ive developed a good relationship with the owner of a local reptile shop, im always in there asking questions. She let me swap our fiesty girl for a baby dragon.. We fell in love with 2 sweet little girls & i couldn't choose. So we now have 2 new additions to our family!
20130703_143431.jpg

20130706_142721.jpg

20130703_115842.jpg

They are both very sweet. They were together in the same cage at the shop & i have them together now. Im ordering a new cage on friday so i can separate them. Im leaning towards a 35x23x23 abs plastic cage from cold blooded enclosures.. Anyone have any suggestions on other cages i should look at before i buy? I need to be able to stack them..

Slave to the Dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
To bad you couldn't keep your first dragon Fiesty. A lot of little dragons are full of bluff.. all huff and puff. I had one that was that way right out of the cup when I first got her. I paid it no mind and picked her up anyway. After a while I could trust that she wasn't going to bite. She would get all territorial but she knew who was alpha dragon and enjoyed being picked up. but still kept that huff and puff posture. It made me think she was happy with her housing and liked her place . Good luck with your new dragons.
R

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ugh! I know, i feel horrible about it. I feel like i let her down. If she was just for me, id definitely had kept her, but she was my special gift to my daughter & she scared my daughter. They could never interact. As she got bigger, i got more concerned about her. My daughter just gave up & spent more time with Iggy, but thats MY dragon! Lol.. So i decided to take her to the reptile shop. The owner kept her as her own & she has a big enclosure at the shop. I visit her & take her hornworms (her favorite) & ive decorated her enclosure with the furnishings she had at my house. Last time i went in, the owner had her on her shoulder while she worked. So i feel happy that she is in good hands.
But ya.. It bothers me alot. I let her down.

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thank you! My daughter is SO happy! Its a completely different experience for us this time around. Both of them are very sweet & seem to enjoy being held. Here are some pics of the girls..
20130718_174214.jpg

20130716_173926.jpg

this is our baby, shes a lil shy, very sweet. We named her MJ (Mary Jane as in spidermans girlfriend not the other mj lol)
20130716_120741.jpg

20130718_174924.jpg

no name yet for this fearless lil girl.. She explores everything as you can see. Right now, my daughter likes camilla, Im looking at comic book character names (red heads).. I liked Jean Grey (the Phoenix) but my daughter is 6 & had no idea what i was talking bout.
Any suggestions?

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Nice! I really like that name! Now let me run it by the boss lol.. Did i mention at home my name is.. "slave to the 6yr old"

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Alright its official! Thanks so much for the idea mr slave to the dragon.. My daughter loved the name & i convinced her that Mary Jane had 2 names so Amelia should too.. So i was able to add the Jean (Grey) that i liked.. So we're very happy with their names..
So heres officially introducing.. Amelia Jean & Mary Jane!
20130720_193803.jpg

20130720_194044.jpg

AJ & MJ!

Latest posts