• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weird Wall-surfing Activity?

Mmantsiane

Bearded Dragon Egg
Morning friends,

Our 3 year old female seems to really enjoy surfing or running on the walls, as though she just really wants to climb vertically. We adopted her about 6 weeks ago and generally her health has been pretty solid. She eats pretty well for her brumation period, but a handful of times a day she just starts going crazy. She stands her hind legs and just starts swimming against the wall. She will do it on all sides on the enclosure for a few minutes at a time. She will stop, catch her breath, slide to the left or right a bit and try again.

We just switched her into a larger 4x2x2 bamboo enclosure, which overall seems great. She engaged in this behavior in the smaller glass enclosure she was in when we got so we decided to move her up and go bamboo to maybe reduce reflection or some other potentially glass-induced causes. Even when we take her out and let her run around in the house she just runs right for a wall and starts the same thing. When she manages to find the bathroom door which has some design on it, she latches right on and tries to climb up. Luckily she can't get much higher than about 4 inches off the ground; we usually snag her off the the door before she can get her hind legs up to that little carved edge anyhow. Nonetheless, she goes at it wherever she is. She doesn't try to avoid me or my wife, she will lay on us whenever she pleases, but the love ends eventually and she starts going for the wall again...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Best,
Charles

Mmantsiane

Bearded Dragon Egg
Phew, okay, well good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. There are a couple of windows in the room that don't directly face her enclosure, but what you're saying about spring fever makes sense. Now that the sun is coming up earlier, I have noticed she is still in her floppy sleeping position, but her eyes are starting to open before her light comes on. Thanks a lot, Kaylyn!

Latest posts