• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weird poop/urate?!?!? Poop freakout - help?

easturbunny

Bearded Dragon Egg
My Sophie's poop is weird. I think she is dehydrated maybe?

First she pooped/peed the hard white and reddish-orange urate. I picked it up (yes, she is my child) and it had a small amount of moisture in it.

About 5-10 minutes later she pooped a bunch. She struggled a just a little bit like she may be a bit constipated. Not sure. It could have simply been because it was a big giant poop.
The initial pictures show the poop whole. I picked it up with an envelope.
The later pictures are after I grabbed a paper towel and moved the poop around. Seemed liquidly enough. Smelled but not that absolutely horrifying smell they can have.

Here is what I usually give her in the form of supplements:
-Calcium with D3 daily
-Rep Cal Herptivite with beta carotene about once a week
-when I'm paranoid something is wrong or she seems not hungry or lethargic, I give her Fluker's Repta Boost (rarely, maybe once every 5 weeks)

She's been finicky about her greens lately, which is stressful
She loves her dubias. I feed the dubias a gut loader mix when I get a new batch, then Bad Ass Bugs Premium Roach Chow, veggies and fruit (all Beardie food list approved) and I keep them in nice containers in the dark.

I've used a baby dropper to feed her water a few times recently. At first she is irritated and then she starts to drink.

Is my baby okay?

Edit: she gets super worms, wax worms and meal worms as treats/dinner - not too often though

Attachments

• 20211218_173243.jpg
    20211218_173243.jpg
    729.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20211218_173555.jpg
    20211218_173555.jpg
    854.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20211218_173636.jpg
    20211218_173636.jpg
    935.1 KB · Views: 11

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

First she pooped/peed the hard white and reddish-orange urate. I picked it up (yes, she is my child) and it had a small amount of moisture in it.

About 5-10 minutes later she pooped a bunch. She struggled a just a little bit like she may be a bit constipated. Not sure. It could have simply been because it was a big giant poop.
The later pictures are after I grabbed a paper towel and moved the poop around. Seemed liquidly enough. Smelled but not that absolutely horrifying smell they can have.

-Calcium with D3 daily
-when I'm paranoid something is wrong or she seems not hungry or lethargic, I give her Fluker's Repta Boost (rarely, maybe once every 5 weeks)

She loves her dubias. I feed the dubias a gut loader mix when I get a new batch, then Bad Ass Bugs Premium Roach Chow, veggies and fruit (all Beardie food list approved) and I keep them in nice containers in the dark.

I've used a baby dropper to feed her water a few times recently. At first she is irritated and then she starts to drink.

Is my baby okay?

Edit: she gets super worms, wax worms and meal worms as treats/dinner - not too often though
How old is the dragon ? How are you taking basking temps? It almost looks like undigested bugs-- and please lay off the calcium D 3 -- what kind of UVB are you using? A coil or tube --- this will tell me how much calcium she should be getting and also the age

yfandes5_

Bearded Dragon Egg

-Calcium with D3 daily

Is my baby okay?

I agree wIth an earlier post re: Vit D. It is fat soluble (along with A, K & E) & can build up in the system and cause toxicity. Shouldn’t be giving it more than once a week & mixed in a VERY small amount in with plain Calcium carbonate or gluconate. The poop itself is indeed huge. I would say the dragon was constipated for sure. The question is why. I always go back to basic husbandry when I have something like this. Heat lamp good, UVB levels good & light changed every 6 months. You can get a UVB monitor from Amazon as well. Do you have a good temperature gradient? Are you soaking at least 3x/week in warm water for 20 mins each time?
If you’re doing all that & the dragon continues to have issues, a trip to the vet is in order!

Latest posts