• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weird noises

KaadianSmear

Hatchling Dragon
Every time I put my beardie in the bath, he always starts making a clicking noise. He never makes the noise out side of the tub, only when he's in his bath water. When I looked it up people keep mentioning respiratory infections, but ever since I've had him he's always done that in the water. It stops every time bath time is over.

Anyone else have a beardie that does that?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Every time I put my beardie in the bath, he always starts making a clicking noise. He never makes the noise out side of the tub, only when he's in his bath water. When I looked it up people keep mentioning respiratory infections, but ever since I've had him he's always done that in the water. It stops every time bath time is over.

Anyone else have a beardie that does that?
I do not and have not heard of this before- can you get a video of him in the bath doing that please

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am having some people take a look to see what they think
Here is what one person said I am waiting to hear back from the other

I couldn't hear anything but am in a noisy office. He looks OK to me, and no signs of distress. May just be clicking sounds if he has some water in/around his mouth. I wouldn't worry about infection unless he starts to display other issues such as lethargy, weight loss, lack of appetite etc. He looks alert and healthy from what I can tell in the video.

KaadianSmear

Hatchling Dragon
I am having some people take a look to see what they think
Okay
Here is what one person said I am waiting to hear back from the other

I couldn't hear anything but am in a noisy office. He looks OK to me, and no signs of distress. May just be clicking sounds if he has some water in/around his mouth. I wouldn't worry about infection unless he starts to display other issues such as lethargy, weight loss, lack of appetite etc. He looks alert and healthy from what I can tell in the video.
Okay, thank you. As far as I can tell, he doesn't have any signs of infection. He's always hungry, basking, and alert. So maybe it's just a weird reaction to water

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay

Okay, thank you. As far as I can tell, he doesn't have any signs of infection. He's always hungry, basking, and alert. So maybe it's just a weird reaction to water
here is the other response I got
I listened with no other noises going on and I didn't hear anything either. Seems like a healthy dragon. :)
BTW, in case you're not aware beardies don't need daily soaking but if he enjoys it you can do so once a week in warm, shallow water for about 10 minutes. Never leave him alone in the water of course.

KaadianSmear

Hatchling Dragon
here is the other response I got
I listened with no other noises going on and I didn't hear anything either. Seems like a healthy dragon. :)
BTW, in case you're not aware beardies don't need daily soaking but if he enjoys it you can do so once a week in warm, shallow water for about 10 minutes. Never leave him alone in the water of course.
Okay. Well that eases my worries a bit. The noise is very faint, I can hear it in the video. It's probably just a weird reaction to the water