• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weird mucous poop

Charity Clawson

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon hasn't had a big appetite and now he just poopped this out any idea what's going I'm?

Attachments

• 20180901_200925.jpg
    20180901_200925.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 114

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi, we need to know a few things first. How old is he? what do you feed him? are your temps correct? and what kind of lighting do you use?
Not sure if I can see the white urate poking from under that poop, is there a white bit?

Charity Clawson

Bearded Dragon Egg
There was some white urate under it and he is about 2 months old I have been feeding him small crickets and calcium worms. My basking temps is 101 and cool side is 80, I'm using repti basking lamp and reptisun 10.0 ugh florescent bulb.

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
he could just be well hydrated, excess water is expelled this way. If it is mucousy it could be too many worms, while reptiworms are great they are still very fatty, too many and he could struggle to digest them all. Try cutting down on the worms and see if that helps. If it is still runny you may need to get a fecal done at the vets to check for parasites.

Latest posts