• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weird colour cycle

Julie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey,
Well my little boy is getting massive now.
Just wondering is it normal that he'll shed so his scales will be like a fluffy grey dull bleugh colour, then he'll be pretty much flourescent green all over, then his nose will go white followed by his lips then it'll all go yellowy..
Think he starts to shed a week later..
Just thought he's having a very quick and weird colour cycle so often that I dunno A: if normal. or B: what colour he's meant to be lol!

Attachments

• IMG_0357.JPG
    IMG_0357.JPG
    470.8 KB · Views: 19

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Temperature & mood will affect a dragons color changing & shedding seems 2 frustrate them. Colors can also fade or become more vibrant during growth taking after either parent.

Julie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
well he is a miserable monkey at the moment.. he pounces on the crickets like he aint been fed for 3months! (dont worry he has though!!!) hehe, could be that i did get him a better basking lamp as the other was a littleunder temp then popped, so got him a 65w instead. OR could it be that he's recently been sampling "dragon safe" flower mix? plus never seen parents of him so maybe that.. did notice all other hatchlings were various shades of the same colours.. erm warmer end of tank is 95.9 - 110 but it is quite cool in house atm. can bump that up to the 100-110 more often if needed?oh and he's exactly 6months old today.! :)

Latest posts