• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weird bump on my bearfies head

Aj_pickerd

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just noticed today that my beardie has a little lump on his head, more toward his nose. I am worried it could be something serious. It's seems almost like when people get pimples but under his scales. Also the center scale of the bump seems loose. Could just be because of him growing but I'm really not sure.
Also trying to figure out ways for him to feel more comfortable with me. He seems terrified whenever I try to take him out but it just fine when I feed him (priorities ig. Lol)

Attachments

• 20231020_223258.jpg
    20231020_223258.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8

Aj_pickerd

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just noticed today that my beardie has a little lump on his head, more toward his nose. I am worried it could be something serious. It's seems almost like when people get pimples but under his scales. Also the center scale of the bump seems loose. Could just be because of him growing but I'm really not sure.
Also trying to figure out ways for him to feel more comfortable with me. He seems terrified whenever I try to take him out but it just fine when I feed him (priorities ig. Lol)
The picture clears up when you press on it. Also I'm just realizing looking at the photo that on the back of his head, between the bace of his eyes there is something not normal too....

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The picture clears up when you press on it. Also I'm just realizing looking at the photo that on the back of his head, between the bace of his eyes there is something not normal too....
Please let him acclimate and get used to his surroundings before taking him out of his tank -- he is a little guy in a big world --- hand feed him and let him get used to you first - it may take months but let him be in his tank for now - he needs good surface basking temps of 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are ambient temps only -- good UVB NO coils - long tube fixture and not all of those are good ones if you need help I can post links for them -- as far as the bump on the head could be some sort of shedding but I am going to have some one else take a look and see what they think

Aj_pickerd

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please let him acclimate and get used to his surroundings before taking him out of his tank -- he is a little guy in a big world --- hand feed him and let him get used to you first - it may take months but let him be in his tank for now - he needs good surface basking temps of 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are ambient temps only -- good UVB NO coils - long tube fixture and not all of those are good ones if you need help I can post links for them -- as far as the bump on the head could be some sort of shedding but I am going to have some one else take a look and see what they think
I've had him for 3 months now and because of being little I only take him out if the tank every couple days for a few minutes to check on him, clean his tanks, or to soak him when he's shedding.
Someone els on the forum helped me get his tank all set up when I first got him so he's all good there thank hevans
Thank you also for looking into this for me. I'd rather be overly worried than miss something important!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've had him for 3 months now and because of being little I only take him out if the tank every couple days for a few minutes to check on him, clean his tanks, or to soak him when he's shedding.
Someone els on the forum helped me get his tank all set up when I first got him so he's all good there thank hevans
Thank you also for looking into this for me. I'd rather be overly worried than miss something important!!
Ok that was me -- let me hear back from whom I reached out to and get back w/ you

GSieg

Hatchling Dragon
Not sure whats going on under the scale, looks like an abcess. The other spot I believe you mentioned between their eyes, thats their "third eye" its a primitive organ that really more detects light and shadows. Most lizards have that.

Aj_pickerd

Bearded Dragon Egg
Not sure whats going on under the scale, looks like an abcess. The other spot I believe you mentioned between their eyes, thats their "third eye" its a primitive organ that really more detects light and shadows. Most lizards have that.
Alright. Thank you for the info

Latest posts