• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weird behaviour

Julie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok so Charlie is now like 7 months old. been progressing well, has a healthy appetite, and is a big boy now.Greedy with it even when shedding.. Anyway I just gave him his weekly bath (he loves just bathing in the water. hehe) so he'd already done his usual poop in the bath, I change the water he then has a wander around and settles for a bathe.Well I was sat just keeping an eye on him and he started puffing out his tummy (like he does just before he puffs his beard up) then as he lets the breathe out he kinda 'farted' like you hear him exhale air through his vent.He continue doing this til I put him in his viv.. Is this normal or was he reacting to hearing his crickets "hiss'(I started breeding them) as I keep them in the room he gets bathed in.. I'm not too worried but thought it odd as never seen him do it before, but he's just started on the slightly bigger ones that are just within his eye width sizing.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
mine do that as a reaction to either not wanting to be in the bath anymore or the water being to warm. they sometimes puff up to make themselves look larger in the presence of DANGER...OOOOHHHH!

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I've only seen Jethro do that a few times. Once was when I brought the vacuum cleaner in to clean my floors. He did NOT like that at all, and puffed up all big and macho like, LOL. There's only been a few other times I've seen him do that, and it's 'cause he forgot who I was at first then he realized it was me.

Latest posts