• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weight gain in my beardie

dragonlover1990

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, I have a female beardie named pumpkin, she was kinda overweight when we got her, according to the person we got her from she had already layed a clutch of eggs and they were unsure if they were fertile or not considering they had gotten her from someone else, poor girl has been through a lot, since I got her a little over two months ago, I been weighing her every week trying to get her weight down. She was doing good and getting some grams off but this morning I weighted her and she has gained 26 grams. Does this mean she is going to start making more eggs?

Attachments

• 20240323_101712.jpg
    20240323_101712.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, I have a female beardie named pumpkin, she was kinda overweight when we got her, according to the person we got her from she had already layed a clutch of eggs and they were unsure if they were fertile or not considering they had gotten her from someone else, poor girl has been through a lot, since I got her a little over two months ago, I been weighing her every week trying to get her weight down. She was doing good and getting some grams off but this morning I weighted her and she has gained 26 grams. Does this mean she is going to start making more eggs?
Quite possible -- can you feel for eggs? What is the diet your feeding please ?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I can't feel any eggs....I feed her greens with three dubia roaches, or two superworms with calcium powder, six days a week with one day off
She should have insects 2 -3 times per week - I would do 2 times and feed salads every day - watch the behavior of frantically digging glass surfing - a sign of wanting a place to lay - get her out of her tank if you can every day or other for 2 hrs to get her some exercise - if she likes to swim you can do that as well but you MUST watch her in the bath - they can asperate water very quickly so no letting her dunk her head in the water -- what kind of calcium are you using D3 or regular calcium w/ no phosphorus? UVB your using?

dragonlover1990

Bearded Dragon Egg
She should have insects 2 -3 times per week - I would do 2 times and feed salads every day - watch the behavior of frantically digging glass surfing - a sign of wanting a place to lay - get her out of her tank if you can every day or other for 2 hrs to get her some exercise - if she likes to swim you can do that as well but you MUST watch her in the bath - they can asperate water very quickly so no letting her dunk her head in the water -- what kind of calcium are you using D3 or regular calcium w/ no phosphorus? UVB your using?
Ok ill try and swith it up. Both my babies play on the floor in my living room everyday, and when it's nice outside they bask in the sun outside. She does the glass surfing every once in awhile but i figured it was just her wanting to come out and play because she does it at the same time i take them out every day. Right now she is in the process of doing a full body shed so I been giving her baths every other day and she lives it. I giving her the supplement in the pic...and I'm using a 10.0 uvb t5

Attachments

• 20240323_105615.jpg
    20240323_105615.jpg
    950.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240323_105547.jpg
    20240323_105547.jpg
    738.8 KB · Views: 2

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok ill try and swith it up. Both my babies play on the floor in my living room everyday, and when it's nice outside they bask in the sun outside. She does the glass surfing every once in awhile but i figured it was just her wanting to come out and play because she does it at the same time i take them out every day. Right now she is in the process of doing a full body shed so I been giving her baths every other day and she lives it. I giving her the supplement in the pic...and I'm using a 10.0 uvb t5
The calcium plus is a D3 plus? You dont need to dust insects w/ the D3 every day once a week on the insects w/ a D3 -- you want a regular calcium w/ no phosphorus given 2 times per week - your T 5 is going to help w/ the D3 process --- if shes not eating her salads good dust the insects w/ a vitamin w/ beta carotene 2 times per week-- I would agree w/ the surfing shes wanting out

Latest posts