• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weekends- Leave him alone, or transport him home?

Should I leave my baby bearded dragon at the school, or transport him and his vivarium each weekend?

• Leave him well-fed, with lights on timers, and a small stockpile of food.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take him and the vivarium with home with you.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Neither. There's another solution.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

M.Cox

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! I'm a teacher, and we recently got a baby bearded dragon for our classroom. Things I had previously read suggested that bearded dragons could be left unattended by stockpiling some greens and feeding them well with crickets or other proteins before and after the weekend. However, what I hadn't realized is that these were probably adult bearded dragons, and the one we have is just a baby, so his diet is more protein-heavy. His lights are on timers, so I'm not worried about that. He is new to our classroom, and still adjusting, so I worry that transporting him home each weekend would stressful for him, not to mention a hassle to bring all his lights and things. Would it be best to bring him home anyway, so he keeps a regular feeding schedule? Or can he be left well fed and watered on the weekends, with a small stockpile of wet vegetables?

Pwninnoobs

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’m new to this site. And stayed away from home one night. I was nervous but have a camera on my tank. A wireless camera that is hooked to WiFi and can see it in my phone. I’m not sure how a school would feel about that (you could do it without anyone really caring cause that camera is small) but! Being so young and tiny I would almost replicate the same Viv at home maybe? I read they get irritated with change. I’m not sure. Plus you don’t want crickets crawling around them all weekend if you over load it with insects. Babies need to eat. I’m anxious to see what others will have to say.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Can you get into your classroom on the weekends to feed him? I agree that moving him around so much is going to stress him out but also leaving him without food for 2 days isn't good either because they need to eat 3x a day.

M.Cox

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks- these gave me some good things to consider. I think I'll come in on weekends when I can, and transport him over longer weekends or when I can't get back to the school.

Latest posts