• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Waxworm Issue

SundaeBest

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hmm... I bought some waxworms for my beardie earlier today, but they are not moving. I put them in a tray under the domelight to get them active again, and they are just lying there, I am starting to think they may be dead. There was a black one, which I removed. But the rest of these guys are white, however, they just lay there motionless, and my beardie is not interested, although he did eat two that were BARELY moving.

It's been over 3 hours and these worms are pretty much motionless. I even tried picking at them w/ a toothpick to see if they would react, but nothing. What should I do?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep, sounds like a bad batch to me. As Sandy points out, I would discard them and not feed them. They could run the risk of having parasites. It happens. Better be safe than sorry.

Latest posts