• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Watering my dragon

Honchess

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I still have not solved the watering issue to my satisfaction. I was told a bowl in the bottom of the tank isn't satisfactory since dragons don't seem to recognize standing water... I try to drip some on his nose every day. Sometimes he licks it up; sometimes he doesn't. I just don't know if that is sufficient.

Help!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Try misting his salad every day and give them baths every other day. I have a baby now so I'm learning what it's like to have one. I was told to mist s/he three times a day and I keep their salads wet. Dried out not so good. S/he has yet to eat yet. But s/he is settled enough to give me a poo this afternoon. I left s/he some greens on a plate for s/he. Hasn't eaten yet. I'm going to give s/he some time to acclimate. The only time I take s/he out is when I'm getting ready to feed him/her crickets and to remove waste.

Honchess

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Maybe you could try dropping some wax worms or some other small slow moving worm in beside her/him. Perhaps she/he would respond to the wiggling and snatch one! :D

ilovebeardies

Juvenile Dragon
They usually will drink during bath time, I give mine a bath 2/3 times a week also I put there veggies in a cool bowl of water then move to there eating dishes so they have plenty of water on them and don't dry out as fast from the heat in their tank.

Latest posts