• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Water?

kingkung

Bearded Dragon Egg
I hear that beardies get water from the greens they eat and don't drink from bowls. Im debating on if i should keep a water bowl in there or not? Any suggestions?

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
They dont need water bowls. Just give him/her a bath couple times a week should be good to go than. Water bowls tend to raise humidity.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Bath in warm water.... And the greens you feed them have little to no water value to keep them hydrated...... Which is why regular misting is important...... What I do to keep mine hydrated is use there green dish as a water dish also...... So that way I know they r staying hydrated

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
I spray my beardies salad with water and i also drip a little on there noses wen they out aswel and they will lick it off. Happy days :D

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
They will get almost all of the water they need from the food they eat. Live food requires a fair bit of water to digest, so its mostly the veggies they get their moisture from. Whether you bathe them or provide a water dish or mist them, its all pretty much the same thing, just trying to get them to drink orally. Usually if they are in the tub and you mist their faces with a spray bottle, they will drink a bit for you.

Latest posts