• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Water intake

Jenmac0430

Bearded Dragon Egg
Good morning, how much water should my dragon need per day? I have to use a dropper with her cuz she was never taught to drink from her bowl

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good morning, how much water should my dragon need per day? I have to use a dropper with her cuz she was never taught to drink from her bowl
Most dragons do not drink from a bowl --- they dont need water on a daily basis- they are a desert animal and drink less often --- I would offer her water once a week from the dropper - keep dropping on her nose till she quits licking- does she drink from a bath? Its actually better that shes drinking from the dropper as they can aspirate if drinking from a bath -- that way you have control over the amount shes getting at a time and you can follow her lead as to when shes done - she will quit licking or move away

PearlJ

Bearded Dragon Egg
It’s totally normal for a bearded dragon not to drink from a bowl, but it’s always a good idea to give them fresh water daily. Spraying water on their daily salads is a great way to increase water intake. A bath 2-3 times a week helps them poop and also gives them a chance to drink water. There isn’t a set amount of water that they need, but if you do this, they should be hydrated.