• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Water/ Drinking

Macie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone, My name is Macie. I am a new Bearded Dragon owner as of today. I recently picked him up and he's doing great. I believe he's about 3-4 months. He's very friendly and active. I put a water bowl in the cage for him, but he doesn't seem very interested in it.
1 Do bearded dragons ever drink from water bowls?
I heard something about Misting, Do bearded dragons drink from the glass or walls of the cage?
Also for misting, What is it? Do I need to mist my dragon?
4 What is the best way to water your dragon?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They don't really drink standing water so putting a bowl of water in their tank isn't necessary. They tend to make messes with the water and it can raise the humidity in your tank. Some people mist their dragons but it's not necessary. If you do mist, make sure you do it out of the tank so again, it doesn't raise the humidity. The best way to water your dragon is to feed it. They are designed to extract water out of every single thing that they eat including bugs. So if your dragon is eating, it's getting hydrated. You can also give it water when you give it a bath. It's a myth that they can absorb water in their vent but if you slowly drip water on their nose or run your fingers through the water in front of them, they may start to drink the moving water.

Macie

Bearded Dragon Egg
They don't really drink standing water so putting a bowl of water in their tank isn't necessary. They tend to make messes with the water and it can raise the humidity in your tank. Some people mist their dragons but it's not necessary. If you do mist, make sure you do it out of the tank so again, it doesn't raise the humidity. The best way to water your dragon is to feed it. They are designed to extract water out of every single thing that they eat including bugs. So if your dragon is eating, it's getting hydrated. You can also give it water when you give it a bath. It's a myth that they can absorb water in their vent but if you slowly drip water on their nose or run your fingers through the water in front of them, they may start to drink the moving water.
Alright, thank you so much :)

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
Just for argument sake. My beardies do drink water. I have one who I can't let her soak cause she drinks enough water to make herself throw up

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
There are always going to be those dragon's that will drink standing water, not all of them and not all the time.. My male will drink while in the bath, my female won't unless I slowly dribble it on her nose.. So they are all different.. Finding the right way is going to be a trial and error...

Latest posts