• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Water coming from nose after bath?

Itio

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I'm Sira. I'm a new member, but have been stalking the forums for a while.

I have a rescue beardie, named Stubbs. He is about 4 years old and has pretty bad MBD, to the point he can barely walk.

Since I've gotten him about a year ago, I've noticed that in his baths, he drinks water (which is completely normal), but after a couple minutes he gets all uppity and huffs and water bubbles come out of his nose. I don't allow his head under the water. His chin is as far as I let it go.

So, when he does this, he goes full black beard and gapes a lot. I have read before that sometimes beardies inhale water and to help them drain it, you hold them at an angle, head down.

Are there any other suggestions to help me handle the bathtime woes when he drinks so much water he spits it back up through his nose?

Latest posts