• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Water bowls

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi,

Just something I thought I'd share.

For those of you who have water bowls in their enclosures that seemingly just sits there and is never used by your dragon. Pogie is almost 9 1/2 months old. Ive had her for 41/2 and she has never used her water bowl.
Untill yesterday. I thought OK so she took a few sips. Big deal, its a once off. But then today, she drank from it again. Think she finally figured it out. ;D

So just keep it in there, it isnt hurting. And maybe they will use it at some stage also.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is my beliefs as well. Every dragon I have ever had to care for whether I owned it or not, drank from a bowl.

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Mine drink in their tubs but also their salad bowls are glass and I always add water to the bottom to keep the salad fresh and have seen my oldest female drink from her salad after she eats it.

clh321

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
it took spike 4 weeks to figure out that there was food in his bowl, and 1 year for him to find out about the water! lol

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Mine funny enough sit in them...they are not that big in size...but it never stops them from doing so, I believe that Stubbs learned it from Harley from across the room ;D never under estimate the knowledge of a dragon !

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Over a decade of keeping Pagonas and I have only ever observed drinking from a stagnant source once.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Red Ink AUS said:
Over a decade of keeping Pagonas and I have only ever observed drinking from a stagnant source once.
That's so odd. Every single one I had or cared for did lol are mine just weird?

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
One dragon i've had in the last 25 years has drank from a water bowl, and it had a air stone in it. They like to soak in them tho.
Depending on the time of year, I really have to watch the amount of humidity. If it's extremely high outside and the a/c is working overtime the amount becomes somewhat high inside the melamine enclosures, where it doesn't inside the glass enclosures.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oscar drinks from a bowl too, but he is an old man who has had years to learn. I agree, keep it in.

t4bluebird

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Fred drinks from her bowl a lot but she also swims in her other bowl on the cool side. Sometimes she poops in it ewwww what a mess. Then she will go to the other bowl put her whole head in it and drink then climb out and put her other half in and chill. ?????? weirdos

Latest posts