• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Was it a bad idea

Bianca Brown

Juvenile Dragon
So I thought I did something nice and decorate Jaz her Viv. It looks really nice but now I think maybe it was a bad idea. Jaz is always climbing in Vines and never stays in her basking Spot. I have to take her down and place her on her basking Spot but not even 5 min later and she is back up there. When she climbs around up there she is pretty close to e uvb light. I don't want her to get burned. Maybe I should take it down again.
33c4e14d09b1ef220993702a571bd322.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JoeG

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I noticed mine doing this today alos, He climbed up his rock wall in teh back which i did not think he could and he got really close to his uv light.

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
I wouldn't worry that she is not staying in her basking spot - she is getting exercise and when she needs to bask.she will do so. I WOULD worry about her getting burned by the lights of she can reach them. Maybe just rearrange the plants so she can't get up there. You could also provide more stuff on the ground she can crawl around on, so she might not use the walls as much. She looks like a happy girl!

Bianca Brown

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you guys I will definitely take the cloth off and decorate it different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would add something to climb on the other side of the tank like a hammock or some sort of tree or platform or something. It will give her something else to climb besides the wall.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea I would worry about her falling and hurting herself especially once she gets bigger they are not very agile... ok I'll say it they are a bit clumsy

Latest posts