• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

War Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So, I've noticed a couple of posts indicating other pets going after your bearded dragons. And I thought it would be fun to share our war stories.

I remember when we first got Bernie. We had him for about a month. We had him out in our cramped townhouse. Our little terrier mix (Silly - the name fit), went after him. Bernie ran so fast under a chair and was saved. Silly could not get to him. Silly was about 14 years old at the time. We didn't know he could move so fast.

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OK ive got one,
About 2 seasons ago I was cleaning a baby tank and left the lid off. My cat jumped into the tank and ran off with one of the baby's in its mouth. It took an hour to get him to let it go and the baby was scared, drool covered , but otherwise ok. Went on to be sold and has a healthy aversion to cats.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol its funny the only war story i have would be for my cats and dog not my beardies. as all my fury animals are afraid of my scaly ones. this occured because of my male dr. evil. not even a month ago now i had dr. evil out sitting on the couch with me for his daddy time. my dog got interested and went to sniff evil. evil latched onto my dogs nose like a snapping turtle. he held on while the dog ran and yelped then let go right in front of my cats (i swear he was picking a fight) then he started chasing the cats. before i knew it he had the dog and both cats corraled in the kitchen. he was sitting there like a gaurd dog beard all puffed out showing he was s big mean man. now the dog will not come out of the kitchen if any of my beardies are out and the cats dissappear.

randomracoon222

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hahah, That's funny.
I don't really have a war story, But spike and slithery are always watching eachother.

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
TheWolfmanTom said:
OK ive got one,
About 2 seasons ago I was cleaning a baby tank and left the lid off. My cat jumped into the tank and ran off with one of the baby's in its mouth. It took an hour to get him to let it go and the baby was scared, drool covered , but otherwise ok. Went on to be sold and has a healthy aversion to cats.

oh my goodness. i'm glad he survived! so, do you keep tabs on all your beardies that you sell?

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
haha so war stories i tried long and hard to think of one and well i havent had bubba for too long yet but already he is showing his true side and that is the fact that he attacks anything and everything that is yellow. the tweezer i have to feed him with becasue lets face it im a girl worms are nasty lol anyway they are yellow and when he sees them he wants nothing to do with any food instead he grabs holds the tweezers and starts shaking his head as if he were a dog grabbing somebodies pantleg and godforbid i leave them out in the open i reallly wish i could set up a video camera to catch him in the act anyway not as funny as the other "war stories" but its still pretty darn funny poor poor tweezers all he needs to do is see them and he comes running

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Bubba sounds like quite a character! I think all bearded dragons are comical, but some are more antic than others. And Bubba seems like one. I guess that is why he survived as long as he did under poor conditions!

villawolf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
TheWolfmanTom said:
OK ive got one,

:eek: I don't have cats, but that sounds really scary. I'd be freaking out. I'm lizard person all the way. Yikes. You need to keep that cat on watch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts