• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wanting to sleep all the time.

DylanDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello - My bearded dragons name is Rex. 11months old.

For multiple months Rex has been wanting to lay down/wedge his head in dark corners. I thought he was wanting to brumate, so i gave him 5 days at first and then he was fine once i woke him up, he went back to doing it literally the next day so i gave him another sleep session. This time around 8 days.... Now, his basking temps are 105-110F and the other side of the tank are 80-85F, ive had to take out things in his tank so he cannot try to sleep, had to keep putting back on his basking log SEVERAL times. If i place his items on the other side he will sit under his bask for 10-15minutes before he goes into the corner where his other stuff is... If i take out the other items he will typically bask fine for an hour or so, but then will sit in the middle of his tank for the remaining of the day, till around 4-5pm he tries to wedge himself into a corner.... i cant think what to do, he takes the chance any time to sleep.... We're in the UK and yes, he started doing this in around December-Janurary which was cold outside the house, his temps were still 105-110F (other side 80-85F) in the enclosure.... February till now has been warm outside... His basking is 105-110F typically (other side 80-85F) he opens his mouth after a while of basking... I recently replaced his UVB bulb too.... he wakes up 8:15am, he will not move to his bask till i move him, and when he does go into a corner literally at like 2pm in the afternoon, i move him back to his bask and not even 20minutes later he will go to a dark area again. can anyone help me? Thanks

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
Brumation. Make sure he can sleep, eat, and keep his tempature regulated. Soak him in a bath once in a while to keep him hydrated, make sure he poops to avoid infection and you should be ok.

Latest posts