• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wally has a yellow spot on his tongue!

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I just noticed this yellow spot on Wally's tongue since he's outside basking in the sun with his mouth open, as it's a beautiful day today.

Is this normal? Should I call the vet??

e096f5b0644e246b159f3e8d8cfe2568.jpg

b3bf3bac9425237890eacda516b46354.jpg

5233187ad6c6d3d74998b9c44eb83626.jpg

e57dcbbe5dfb4bc1e182feb3b6f487e8.jpg

3af592a05257709203c99bd7e340e24d.jpg

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The tip of my Ruth and Mushu's tongues are much lighter than the rest of their tongue. I think it's the normal coloration. Nothing to worry about :)

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The tip of my Ruth and Mushu's tongues are much lighter than the rest of their tongue. I think it's the normal coloration. Nothing to worry about :)

Eavlynn thank you for responding. A really dear friend of mine said it was normal just about the same time you posted this. I am just being super paranoid. I just don't want him to get sick again.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yeah Spyras tongue is the same way and if it makes you feel better the vet thought her mouth looked great. They always find a way to frighten us parents lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Totally understandable. I feel like I'm on high alert all the time. It's better to be proactive and seek answers, than to brush something off on the assumption that it's normal.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Totally understandable. I feel like I'm on high alert all the time. It's better to be proactive and seek answers, than to brush something off on the assumption that it's normal.

So true! I would hate to not do anything and then Wally get sick.

Thank you again!

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That does make me feel a million times better! Whew……… thank you so much.

Not a problem. Trust me I know how you were feeling and it's no fun to worry about your little one. On another note, Wally is looking just as handsome as ever!

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Not a problem. Trust me I know how you were feeling and it's no fun to worry about your little one. On another note, Wally is looking just as handsome as ever!

Aww thank you! He's staring to come out of that full body shed and is head is a bright orange! It looks like it's on fire! Lol

(Was that Spyra saying that!) lol lol

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Aww thank you! He's staring to come out of that full body shed and is head is a bright orange! It looks like it's on fire! Lol

(Was that Spyra saying that!) lol lol

I noticed that. Going from citrus to red, next month who knows what color he will be lol

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I noticed that. Going from citrus to red, next month who knows what color he will be lol

Ha! I know right!! We need to take bets on what his next color will be! I just think he's confused and can't decide what color he wants to be.

As a baby he started out as brown/tan or when I got him, at 8 weeks old - not sure what age is baby and what age is juvie.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ha! I know right!! We need to take bets on what his next color will be! I just think he's confused and can't decide what color he wants to be.

As a baby he started out as brown/tan or when I got him, at 8 weeks old - not sure what age is baby and what age is juvie.

Wally thinks he is a chameleon lol

I've seen people call that age a "Juvie" and others say baby so who really knows lol. They are our babies and that's all that matters :)

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Wally thinks he is a chameleon lol

I've seen people call that age a "Juvie" and others say baby so who really knows lol. They are our babies and that's all that matters :)

That's true. They are our babies! That's a good one, he's so confused he's trying to be a chameleon! I love it!!!

Earlier today my account was wiped clean and I lost all the people I follow on both here and the hermit crab forum. I know that happened to candybugs (not sure if that's her name) recently and I don't know how to fix it.
So if you run across someone named that or close to that can you ask her for me how she fixed it please?

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That's true. They are our babies! That's a good one, he's so confused he's trying to be a chameleon! I love it!!!

Earlier today my account was wiped clean and I lost all the people I follow on both here and the hermit crab forum. I know that happened to candybugs (not sure if that's her name) recently and I don't know how to fix it.
So if you run across someone named that or close to that can you ask her for me how she fixed it please?

I sure will.
I know my account follows random people? Like every day I'm following someone I've never even seen on the forums before lol. What's weird is the next day I will be following less people than I was the day before. There are definitely some issues that need to be worked out

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I sure will.
I know my account follows random people? Like every day I'm following someone I've never even seen on the forums before lol. What's weird is the next day I will be following less people than I was the day before. There are definitely some issues that need to be worked out

What is going on??? Weird. I didn't even notice it at first cuz I never go into my name so it took me a day or so to find it. I'm sorry you are going thru this too but glad it's not just me! I thought I was going crazy and did something in my sleep as I've been known to fall asleep holding me phone texting people! Lol

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
What is going on??? Weird. I didn't even notice it at first cuz I never go into my name so it took me a day or so to find it. I'm sorry you are going thru this too but glad it's not just me! I thought I was going crazy and did something in my sleep as I've been known to fall asleep holding me phone texting people! Lol

Lol that is too funny! But your definitely not the only one I've been noticing weird stuff from day one

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Those are great pictures. The tip of their tongue is a real amazing thing. The line going through it is a split, so it's slightly forked like a snake. I think the tip of their tongue is a bit sticky so that they can grab food better. They also use the tip of their tongue to touch the Jacobson's Organ on the roof of their mouth. This organ helps them figure out if something is safe or not. That's what they are doing when they lick everything.

Latest posts