• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vomit or poop? help!

Iwantabeardie

Hatchling Dragon
My beardie is 8 months old and today I fed him superworms around .8 inches long. He pooped twice, one at 9 and one at 1pm. The first one was bigger. He was out of his tank for a long time today playing with me. I have attached an image below of something I found in the tank. I don't know what part of his body or came from or what it is. Please help so I can make sure he is healthy, but he is moving fine and having fun.

Attachments

• IMG_20200521_171949314.jpg
    IMG_20200521_171949314.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 54

David Daniels

Hatchling Dragon
That looks like poop to me because of the white bit, and he isnt digesting those small (mealworms?), maybe try small dubias or bsfl. Im not extremely experienced so I'd suggest waiting on some more input. Just remain calm, im sure the little one is fine!

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello it does look like it is poo to me. I would suggest feeding him things other than mealworms since he seems to be having some trouble digesting them.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Superworms aren't a real good staple. Try some small-medium dubias, no bigger than the space between their eyes. They have a greater protein ratio that a growing beardie would need. It looks like poop to me. Also, test his poop for parasites and what are your tank temperatures?

Thomas J sobczynski

Hatchling Dragon
My beardie is 8 months old and today I fed him superworms around .8 inches long. He pooped twice, one at 9 and one at 1pm. The first one was bigger. He was out of his tank for a long time today playing with me. I have attached an image below of something I found in the tank. I don't know what part of his body or came from or what it is. Please help so I can make sure he is healthy, but he is moving fine and having fun.
I have been told by a very experienced reptile breeder that dragons have problems digesting mealworms because of the skelital body of the worms, and further more the super worms are genetically enhanced with chemicals so I don't feed my dragon super worms at all.

Gabrielle Kelly

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please don’t feed meal and super worms they can cause impaction bc parts of them can’t be digested. Please

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
Try not using super worms, move to something with a softer shell. Try out pheonix worms, soft shell, high calcium.

Iwantabeardie

Hatchling Dragon
I only use baby superworms but I am now switching to BSFL. He doesn't poo superworms anymore though. Also how do I get the basking spot hotter?