• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vivarium Update

Joe Giddz

Hatchling Dragon
Hey all finally got round to putting the carpet in plus a few more decorations finally done now and drogo is settling in well he's exploring and checking his new crib out haha. A slight concern though I bought a hygrometer and it's reading 50% now I know this is too high and I'm slightly worried because I don't want him getting Ill. I have removed his water dish but it doesn't seem to be dropping any ways to reduce humidity and fast? <br />
<br />
Any way see pics below hope you all like :)<br />
<br />
<br />
6f989237dcfb8c6ff562d7e4784f88f8.jpg
<br />
<br />
18dceff6a9cc2021accb6fe83a769076.jpg
<br />
<br />
On his cactus as usual haha<br />
e15780092f5965720bdac5ab8b436b21.jpg
<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
<br />
Joe<br />
<br />
Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk<br />
<br />
Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Willtheeman

Hatchling Dragon
Nice set up. I'm a little worried about the bulb being inside the enclosure as he can reach it and get hurt. But regarding your question about humidity, try attaching a fan on each vent blowing outside the enclosure. U could buy usb fans from ebay or Amazon. Your other choice is create more vents I think

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Joe Giddz

Hatchling Dragon
Nice set up. I'm a little worried about the bulb being inside the enclosure as he can reach it and get hurt. But regarding your question about humidity, try attaching a fan on each vent blowing outside the enclosure. U could buy usb fans from ebay or Amazon. Your other choice is create more vents I think

Thanks :) and I will be getting a heat bulb for when he's abit bigger he can't reach it at the moment he's too small and I will try the fans would they need to be in the vivarium blowing out or blowing in?

Willtheeman

Hatchling Dragon
Sounds good. Make sure u double check the care sheet. The fans would be blowing the air out of the enclosure. Try to find one that u could regulate the speed because some tend to be noisy.

Joe Giddz

Hatchling Dragon
Sounds good. Make sure u double check the care sheet. The fans would be blowing the air out of the enclosure. Try to find one that u could regulate the speed because some tend to be noisy.

Sorry I meant heat guard and I will look into that deffnalty although on another post someone replied the humidity is fine. But I will try the fan idea thanks for your input

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks :) and I will be getting a heat bulb for when he's abit bigger he can't reach it at the moment he's too small and I will try the fans would they need to be in the vivarium blowing out or blowing in?

By heat bulb do you mean you will get a ceramic heating element?

Joe Giddz

Hatchling Dragon
By heat bulb do you mean you will get a ceramic heating element?
No I meant heat guard for my heat lamp and the night Temps don't go below 20 now so think I'm alright if they drop more then I will get a CHE for night heating

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Are you relying on the stick on hygrometer on the back of your tank? Analog gauges are usually inaccurate I would get a digital reader, there is one on Amazon by a company calle Accurite. It checks temps too but most importantly it monitors your humidity.

Latest posts